A Dozen Ways of Answering Vanity
1. EVASIVE: Do you think you’re a nasty girl?
2. DEMOCRATIC: All right, everybody, let’s get a show of hands. If you think she’s a nasty girl, raise your hand and say ‘aye’.
3. PSYCHOLOGICAL: It’s not really important whether or not I think you’re a nasty girl.
4. SOCIOLOGICAL: Just because society thinks you’re a nasty girl doesn’t mean that you have to accept that you’re a nasty girl.
5. FEMINIST: For God’s sake, you’re not a girl. You’re a grown woman who can make her own decisions about whether or not she’s nasty.
6. PRINCE: I don’t think you’re a nasty girl. I know you’re a nasty girl.
7. PSYCHIATRIC: People who have been diagnosed as being nasty girls have frequently gone on to lead rich, productive lives.
8. NIETZSCHEAN: It is not enough merely to think one’s self a nasty girl. One must become a nasty girl through a terrifying effort of sheer will.
9. DIPLOMATIC: Thinking that you’re a nasty girl in no way reflects on other nasty girls and what I might think of them.
10. POLITE: I wouldn’t go as far as to say “nasty”. Slightly naughty, maybe.
11. PARANOID: Regardless of whether or not you are a nasty girl, that does little to explain who has been stealing my shoes, and why.
12. REALISTIC: Yes.